the royal acadamy of music manson ensemble
As part of the "Frank Zappa at the Roundhouse" festival that was held in London, UK from November 5 - 7, 2010, the Manson Ensemble also scheduled a performance of some Zappa compositions on November 13, 2010.
Conducted by Frank Ollu, who performed with the Ensemble Modern on the original Yellow Shark recording, the Manson Ensemble presented a selection of instrumental Zappa classics alongside new transcriptions by RAM Head of Composition, Philip Cashian, and current composition students. The programme included Frank Zappa's 'Peaches en Regalia', 'Big Swifty', 'Dupree’s Paradise' and new transcriptions of 'Music for Low-Budget Orchestra' and 'Alien Orifice'.
The recordings for the album were made on November 14, 15 & 16, 2010.
|the royal acadamy of music manson ensemble:
(2012, cd, uk, ram 045) - all compositions by frank zappa
- Peaches en Regalia (arr. Ali N. Askin)
- Big Swifty
- Dupree's Paradise
- Twenty Small Cigars (trans. Chris Lyons)
- The Legend of the Golden Arches (trans. Robert Peate)
- St. Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast (trans. Charlie Piper)
- Little Umbrellas (trans. Joseph Davies)
- The Black Page No. 2 (trans. Philip Cashian)
- Music for Low-Budget Orchestra [intro] (trans. Philip Cashian)
- Little House I Used to Live In [intro] (trans. Philip Cashian)
- Alien Orifice (trans. Philip Cashian)
- The Perfect Stranger
- G-Spot Tornado (arr. Ali N. Askin)
- St. Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast
- Peaches en Regalia